The management of micro blogging site, Twitter, has denied reaching any agreement with the Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
The Federal Government had on Wednesday revealed that it would soon lift the ban on the micro-blogging site.
The disclosure was made known by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, while briefing newsmen shortly after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in Abuja.
Mohammed stated that the government negotiation with the micro-blogging platform is at an advanced stage already, saying most of the conditions given to the platform have been accepted.
He revealed that areas still pending include setting up an office and having a Twitter staff of management cadre that will serve as the country representative.
But a Twitter spokesperson in an email statement sent to Peoples Gazette said no deal had been agreed with the Nigerian government yet as talks were still ongoing.
“We recently met with the Nigerian government to discuss why Twitter has been blocked and ways to resolve the matter,” Twitter said.
“Our aim is to chart a path forward to the restoration of Twitter for everyone in Nigeria.
“We look forward to ongoing discussions with the Nigerian government and seeing the service restored very soon,”
Twitter said in the mail.